I made something for a baby shower I was invited to. It’s called a Bapron. It’s basically a bib but it wraps around the baby’s sides more than a bib. There’s a tutorial on how to make it here.
There’s a free pattern you can print off but I traced it off the computer screen. Hehe.
I won’t show you how I made it cause it’s all in the tutorial if you care for that much detail. I’m just showing you the one I made.
The front is fabric from a cotton button-up shirt and the back is from a t-shirt. I made the bias tape and thought cutting it 1 inch wide would be good.
I should have cut it 2 inches wide. And I should get one of those bias tape makers if I ever do it again. It took a long time.
And then I cheated and sewed the tape on with one row of stitching, so in some places the back side was sewn so far in that I had to hand stitch several areas to keep the edges from popping out.
Live and learn.
Here’s Chad modelling it for me.
And yes, I did cut out another boyish Bapron, but I need to buy some bias tape before I go any further.